The Best Big Brother
I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with my first child I was sure it was going to be a boy. One of the big reasons was I thought that ever girl needs a big brother. I have had to learn to accept the fact that maybe everyone girl does not need a big brother, but I sure did. The last little while I have spent a lot of time thinking about my big brother. He was only 20 month older than I and I don't have a childhood memory that he is not a part of. I am sure that we did not always get along like angles, but I don't every remember having a fight until I told him in could not date my best friend (at the point I was 16). I remember following in his foot steps through school and wishing I could be more like him. I remember helping him choose a homecoming date at a pool table and wishing that a guy as cool as my brother would as me out. I remember the day he left on his mission, feeling like a part of me just flew away. I remember watching him get married to his sweet Tammie and being so grateful that he had found someone that completed him.
I look at our lives know, we have not lived in the same city let alone state for over 11 years. Although I still feel so close to him. We have changed over the years, but I look forward and long for the time when we are together. He has always been my example, and my friend. I look at the choices he and his wife have made for their family and I am so proud of them. They have such cute and amazing children. I only wish we lived down the street to share the daily trails and memories.
My big brother is an wonderful person, someone I can always count on and is still looking out for me to this day. I don't think that there is a big brother day on the calendar, but as we approach father day I want my big brother to know how much I love and respect him. He is such a rock in my life. Standing "Steadfast and immovable" in my life and the lives of others around him.

My daughters don't have a big brother, but I sure feel lucky that I got such a amazing person to call my big brother. I am still trying to follow in his footsteps. He is such an example of love, tolerance, paitance, understanding, charity, and determination.
Hope to see you soon. I love and miss you Ryan!
3 comments:
Oh Tanya that is so sweet! I will have to agree with your sentiments, I too love your brother so very much ;) Oh, How neat it would be if you were just down the street! He too loves and misses you so much! But I'll let him tell you that himself;) What a nice post I can't wait to show it to him. I cried reading it so I can't imagine how he will react;) I know he will agree with me when I say we love and appreciate your great example too!! You are an amazing person! We love you!!!!!!
It is great for a parent to witness feeling like these expressed for and between our children. We are so very proude of each of you.
Thanks Tanya for taking the time to express these special feeling of your "big brother"
Hey Tanya...this is Emily, Tammie's little sister. I love this post about Ryan. You are such a sweetheart...thanks for sharing your big brother with all of us...we love him too!!
Your family is adorable. Your baby is so incredibly cute!! I hope that you are doing well!
Take Care!
Post a Comment