
Today while walking on my treadmill I watch a baby robin fall out of its nest in our backyard. As I walked a waited to see what was going to happen. I told Audrey about it and she watched with me. We watched the parents come and feed the bird in the grass. Audrey was really worried about the bird. She was affraid that Bubbles (our Dog) would come outside and kill the little bird while trying to see what it was. Audrey told me what we needed to get on the computer and find out what to do (this generation of computer wizzes). So we did just that and found out that robins know their babies by sight and sound. The website said that if we could safely put the robin back in its nest then to do so.How many 5 year old litle girls do you know who have held a baby robin?I know one. Audrey was so exicted to get to hold it before I put in back in the tree. After we put it into the tree we watched and the parents both come back and feed the baby in the nest. Mission accomplished!!! Baby Robin saved!
1 comments:
Way to go! Hooray for saving the baby robin!
Post a Comment